CAMP TAWONGA FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TIMELINE & PROCESS
The information below outlines the timeline and process for applying for and being awarded financial assistance from Camp Tawonga. If after reading the information, you have further questions, please contact Finance Director, Gregg Rubenstein at [email protected], or by calling our main office at 415-543-2267. Gregg will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
– December 2018 – September 2019: Register for Camp Tawonga programs, and indicate on your registration application your intent to apply for financial assistance. Your financial assistance application will be available in your CampInTouch account within two weeks of registering for a program.
– Friday, March 1st, 2019: Financial assistance application deadline – applications submitted after March 1st will be considered if funding is still available. If you submit your application after awards are granted, please note that it will take two to three weeks to process your application and email your award.
– Early April 2019: Financial assistance awards are granted via email.
1. Register for a Camp Tawonga program: During the registration process, you will be asked two questions regarding Financial Assistance:
– Are you interested in applying for financial assistance from Camp Tawonga? Answer: Yes
– How much financial assistance do you intend to apply for? Answer: Please list the dollar amount of how much financial assistance you intend to apply for from Camp Tawonga only.
– At the end of the registration process, you will be asked how you wish to pay for your camp fees.
Note: When your registration is processed, you will receive notification from our Registrar informing you of your status: registered or waitlisted. If you are registered in a program, your $100 deposit per child per program will be charged immediately (no charges will be made if you are placed on a wait list). If you register before the beginning of April a placeholder financial assistance amount will be entered as a payment on your account to indicate that you intend to apply for financial assistance. This placeholder amount will remain on your account until the beginning of April when financial assistance awards are granted. The placeholder financial assistance amount assumes you will receive the full financial assistance award you intend to apply for. It decreases your balance, so you will only be charged the amount you indicate you can afford to pay. If your award is less than your indicated request, we will bill you for the additional fees owed at that time. We stop adding placeholder financial assistance amounts to accounts after the beginning of April. If you register for a program and wish to apply for financial assistance after the beginning of April you may do so but you will be billed for the full program cost until you apply for and are granted an award.
Please indicate the following:
– Payment method: credit card or e-check
– Payment preference: one-time payment or interest-free payment plan
• One-time payment: Your total fees less your deposit and placeholder financial assistance amount will be charged on the full-fee payment date of Thursday, March 7th. When financial assistance awards are granted at the beginning of April, we will replace your placeholder financial assistance amount with your actual financial assistance award. If your award is less than your indicated request, we will bill you for the additional fees owed at that time. You can choose to pay the additional fees in a one-time payment or on an interest-free payment plan.
• Interest-free payment plan: Your monthly payments will be calculated on the assumption you will receive the full financial assistance you apply for. Monthly installments will be charged to your account between the 23rd and 26th of the month or, in the event of a weekend or holiday, on the next business day thereafter (beginning the month you register through September). Financial assistance awards are granted at the beginning of April. At that time, we will replace your placeholder financial assistance amount with your actual financial assistance award. Your monthly payment plan will be automatically adjusted.
2. Submit your financial assistance application:
– Application: Your financial assistance application will be available for you to fill out in your CampIn Touch account within two weeks of registering for a program. Log in to your account, click on the “Forms and Documents” tab, click on the link to the application, fill out and submit your application online.
– 2018 financial questions on application: There are few financial questions on the application. Please answer the questions to the best of your ability. If you do not have the requested 2018 financial information, please estimate the numbers.
– Additional documentation: Along with your application we require you to submit the first page of your 2018 tax return (1040). If you do not have your 2018 tax return please submit the first page of your most recent tax return. If you do not have a tax return, please contact our Finance Director, Gregg Rubenstein, at [email protected], or by calling our main office at 415-543-2267 to discuss the appropriate financial documentation to submit.
3. Wait to receive your financial assistance award:
– Financial assistance awards will be emailed to you at the beginning of April. You must accept or decline the award within one week of receiving your offer.
– Accept: If you choose to accept your award, you will move forward paying for camp as described above.
– Decline: If you decline your award and choose to cancel from the program within the timeframe listed, you will receive a full refund of all fees paid for that program to date.
– Questions/concerns: If you have questions or concerns regarding your award, we encourage you to contactour Finance Director, Gregg Rubenstein, at [email protected], or by calling our main office at 415-543-2267 to have a discussion regarding financial assistance options and how to make camp affordable for your family.