Serving on Tawonga’s Young Alumni Board (YAB)
Are you looking for a way to give back to the community and plug back in with Tawonga? You may be a great candidate for an exciting opportunity with our alumni: joining the Young Alumni Board (YAB)!
What Does YAB Do?
Established in 2016, the Young Alumni Board currently has seventeen board members.
- Advise senior professional leadership on key agency decisions,
- Plan and host events and programs for young alumni (three events/activities are put on by YAB per year, like this month’s Open Mic Night, pictured here),
- And engage in professional development through trainings in nonprofit management, leadership and fundraising.
YAB Service Overview
Who: Tawonga Staff and Camper Alumni
- You are between the ages of 24-35*
- You have not worked for Tawonga in two years
- You are committed to Tawonga’s mission
*Age exceptions can be made. Contact Ashley at 415.543.2267 with questions.
- You are able to attend all four board meetings, a board orientation and a board retreat at Camp Tawonga,
- You can commit to a two-year term,
- You make a meaningful gift toward Tawonga’s Campership Fund for each year you are on the board (fundraising training and mentorship will be a part of the program).
Most board meetings will be at the Tawonga office in San Francisco, and one meeting will be at Camp in the summer during an annual YAB retreat.
Give back to a place that you know and love!
- You will make an impact,
- You will gain new skills,
- You will have access to senior leadership and Tawonga’s Board of Directors,
- And you will be a Tawonga lifer and inspire others to be as well!
How to Apply
Reach Us with Any Questions
Start here! Applications are available now!
Please contact Ashley Costello at 415.543.2267 or [email protected] with questions or for more information.