Tawonga is committed to ensuring your family can experience the magic of Camp!
If the cost of joining a Camp Tawonga program feels out of reach for your family at this time, we are here to help. Below, you can learn about the various financial assistance options that are intended to make Camp affordable for your family.
Our professional office staff is available to help you navigate the best option for your family in a sensitive and confidential manner. Please contact our Temporary Financial Assistance Manager Katie Plowright (between December 21st and April 30th) at [email protected]. Katie can be reached at 415.852.4208 and is happy to answer any questions you may have. (Sarah Perna, Billing and Financial Assistance Manager, will be on parental leave until April 30, 2018.)
Tawonga Financial Assistance: How to Apply
Tawonga Financial Assistance
(Need-Based: Application Required)
Tawonga financial assistance awards or “camperships” are granted anonymously by a small committee of our Board of Directors. Funding comes from thousands of caring individuals, including members of the Tawonga community, the Jewish Community Federation of the Greater East Bay, the Jewish Federation of Silicon Valley, and the Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin, and Sonoma Counties.
- To apply for Tawonga Financial Assistance, first register for a Tawonga program and indicate your interest in financial assistance by checking the “Financial Options” box and indicating how much assistance you intend to apply for.
- Within two weeks of registering for a program, your financial assistance application will be available to fill out in your CampIn Touch account.
FAQs and Timeline
- Tawonga Financial Assistance Frequently Asked Questions
- Full Outline of the Tawonga Financial Assistance Timeline and Process
Payment Plans, Discounts, Grants and Loans
Read below to learn about all of the financial assistance options to consider. Click on the plus sign for each option to read more.
Zero Interest Loans from Hebrew Free Loan
Southern California Residents: The Jewish Free Loan Association is a nonprofit agency offering assistance to people of all faiths facing financial challenges. For more than 100 years, JFLA has provided a helping hand instead of a handout to hundreds of thousands of people through interest-free loans for emergencies, education, developing small businesses, healthcare and life cycle events and more! Jewish Free Loan has a loan fund specifically dedicated to helping Jewish families send their child/children away to summer camp. Loans on average are about $2000 per child. Learn more at www.jfla.org.
Russian-Speaking Jewish Families Grant (Need-Based – Application Required)
Single-Parent Family Camp Grant
- For Single-Parent Moms: (Automatically Applied Subsidy and Need-Based – Application Required for Financial Assistance)
- Single-parent mom families will automatically receive a $300 subsidy for attending any one of our six Family Camp Weekends. In addition, single-parent mom families are eligible to apply for additional financial assistance for any of our six Family Camp Weekends. To apply, please fill out and submit Tawonga’s financial assistance application.
- For North Peninsula Single Jewish Moms: (Need-Blind – Application Required for Financial Assistance)
- The Nashim program at the Peninsula Jewish Community Center in Foster City invites all North Peninsula single Jewish mothers and their children to explore and deepen their engagement in Jewish life with grants of up to $1,800 which may be applied towards Camp Tawonga fees. To apply, please contact Jeni Markowitz Clancy at [email protected] or 650-378-2777.
- For Single-Parent Dads: (Need-Based – Application Required for Financial Assistance)
- Single-parent dad families are eligible to apply for this grant to be used toward one of Tawonga’s six Family Camp Weekends. To apply, please fill out and submit Tawonga’s financial assistance application.
New Family Camp Families with Children Six and Under Grant (Automatically Applied)
Synagogue and Temple Grant (Application Required)
First Time Camper Grant (Need-Blind – Application Required)
JCC Current Member Discount (Opt-In)
Sibling Discount (Automatically Applied)
Interest-free Payment Plan (Opt-In)
We Are Here to Help!
If you have any questions about navigating Tawonga’s financial assistance options, please contact our Temporary Financial Assistance Manager Katie Plowright (between December 21, 2017 and April 30, 2018) at [email protected] or at 415.852.4208. Thank you!