Tawonga JFAM Family Camp
We are thrilled you are considering a Tawonga JFAM Family Camp! These unique weekends encompass the best of Tawonga – a warm, welcoming community, festive and meaningful Shabbat celebrations, quintessential camp experiences, delicious meals, singing, campfires, a family talent show and more.
JFAM weekends are specially designed for young families (with at least one child who is eight or younger) – to welcome you into a loving, inclusive Jewish community and to kickstart your journey with Tawonga.
2022 JFAM Offerings
Family Camp 5: JFAM Weekend | September 8-11 (programmatic partner TBD)
Program highlights: All the best parts of our weekend family camps, specifically geared toward families with young children just like yours!
Family Camp 7: JFAM Sukkot Weekend With The JCCSF | October 14-16
Program highlights: build and join together in a special weekend Sukkah, create a harvest party in our robust garden and participate in Sukkot focused prayers, rituals and activities.
Family Camp 8: JFAM Hanukkah Weekend | December 21-24 (programmatic partner TBD)
Program highlights: Our first-ever winter Family Camp! Join us for the magic of winter in the Sierras as we light the menorah nightly and participate in Hanukkah themed programs and rituals.
JFAM Programatic Highlights
- Morning childcare for kids ages 2+ with fun camp activities like boating on the lake, harvesting in the garden, watercolor painting at arts and crafts, singing with talented song leaders
- Morning adult workshops focused on creating Jewish rituals at home, yoga and self-care, hiking and exploration, and more
- Afternoon family time including family hikes, softball games and our adventure challenge course
- Activities and workshops in partnership with our weekend program partners (see below for more details)
- Evening campfires with singing, shticks, and more followed by nighttime babysitters (Shmira) to give adults time to connect and shmooze
- Nutritious meals with healthy “kid-friendly” alternatives
Check out more information about activities in our sample daily schedule.
How to Register
Pricing & Available Discounts
Click here for pricing of the different JFAM weekends.
We are pleased to offer new families to Tawonga a discount of $50 per person. Also, we do not want cost to be prohibitive for any families to experience a JFAM Weekend. Please explore our Financial Assistance page here to make Camp affordable.
More about JFAM Weekends
Each JFAM weekend is a chance to be together as a family and to enjoy activities planned just for you while meeting new friends, having fun and engaging with and learning about Jewish rituals and customs. Families will stay in single family cabins, unless attending with friends or another family you choose to pod with while at Camp. Click here to learn more about our location and facilities.
As with all of Tawonga’s Family Camps, we believe every Jewish family belongs at Camp and welcome all family structures, including families with members of all races, ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. We also welcome families with members who do not identify as Jewish and families with members who have disabilities.
If you have any questions, please contact our Family Camps Manager Ashley Costello at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to welcome you to a JFAM Weekend!