NEW! Tawonga Men’s Weekend
Unplug and immerse yourself in Tawonga’s beautiful wilderness to connect with an amazing group of men – spanning the generations – for our first-ever Men’s Weekend!
Thursday, October 19 – Sunday, October 22, 2023
Anyone who is male-identifying and 21 or older
We are already finding huge community support and success with the Women’s Weekend at Tawonga, so we are excited to see similar energy, fun, and community building at this retreat.
At Tawonga, we aim to foster a deep connection to self, others, nature and spirituality. Camp is known as an amazing place to step outside your everyday life, have fun, be outdoors, and be your best self. It’s not just true for kids, everyone needs and loves this feeling! So whether you are a Tawonga camper or staff alum, have great memories from other camps, or never got that core childhood experience, it’s never too late or too soon to get away and make new memories of a lifetime now.
Our inaugural Men’s Weekend will activate, cultivate and imbue the essence of the Tawonga Man while offering a space for rejuvenation, connection and fun within our inclusive Jewish community.
These four days and three nights will be an opportunity for you to refocus, relax, have fun, and build community by creating new friendships and deepening old ones. You will have the chance to…
- Unplug in nature through morning hikes in the Sierra wilderness, dips in the Tuolumne River, adventures on our high ropes course, yoga and more
- Spend the afternoons relaxing and sampling Tawonga’s many program spaces like the pool, river, basketball court, music, art studio, lake and of course, ping pong
- Connect to Judaism and spirituality through song sessions and a soulful and musical Shabbat celebration
- Open baseball, basketball, ultimate frisbee games and more…will they be Tawonga ties?
- Chill on the back porch of the Dining Hall during daily Happy Hours with delicious snacks and drinks
- Expand your horizons through dynamic guided workshops led by expert facilitators on career, parenthood, spirituality, relationships and more
- Enjoy tasty meals prepared by our wonderful kitchen staff
- Relax and recharge through campfires, yoga, massage, games and more
Anyone who is 21 or older and male-identifying is welcome – bring your dad, brother, uncle, old Tawonga bunkmates or partner! Bring a crew of your friends and live together in a cabin – or come solo and meet new friends! Please note this is a kid-free weekend.
$750 | Financial Assistance is available for Men’s Weekend. Learn more here.
How to Register
We anticipate this weekend will fill quickly! Registration for Men’s Weekend is now open to the public. Sign up by clicking here. Note that this is a different registration link than for other Tawonga programs. When registering for this program, you will need to select “Adult/Family Application.”
Testimonials from Adult Weekends
“Both as a kid and as an adult on staff at Camp Tawonga, I built authentic and intimate friendships with some of the best men I’ve ever met. I am excited to get back to that place where I have always felt like the best version of myself, and to have the opportunity to renew some of those old friendships and make some new ones.”
– Family Camp Participant & Men’s Weekend Registrant
A Note About COVID-19 and Tawonga’s Men’s Weekend
In order to prioritize the health and safety of our campers, staff and the entire Tawonga community, we have made some changes to our 2023 programs and Camp practices. You can read more about our health and safety protocols for the 2023 season here in our FAQs.
If you have any questions about Men’s Weekend, or have an idea about how to make our first Men’s Weekend one for the books, feel free to reach out to Liz Chenok at email@example.com or 415.543.2267.