Unplug, chill and immerse yourself in Tawonga’s beautiful wilderness for our first-ever Men’s Weekend!
Thursday, October 19 – Sunday, October 22, 2023
Anyone who is male-identifying and 21 or older
The community has asked, and we are heeding the call! Free from the stresses of work, home and urban life, Men’s Weekend will be a breath of fresh air, literally and figuratively. It combines the best parts of Tawonga’s programs and will enable participants to plug into nature while unplugging from daily life.
Men’s Weekend will provide a space for multitudes of experiences, from playing sports to your heart’s content and relaxing on the back porch, to bonding with new friends and finding spiritual moments during Shabbat. For men spanning the generations, Tawonga is your oyster!
These four days and three nights will be an opportunity for you to refocus, relax, have fun, and build community. You will have the chance to…
- Unplug in nature through morning hikes in the Sierra wilderness, dips in the Tuolumne River, adventures on our high ropes course, yoga and more
- Sweat it with baseball, basketball, ultimate frisbee and more…we may even get a tournament going!
- Spend the afternoons sampling Tawonga’s many program spaces like the pool, river, arts & crafts, lake and of course, ping pong
- Tap into Judaism and spirituality through song sessions and a lively Shabbat celebration
- Chill on the back porch of the Dining Hall during daily Happy Hours with delicious snacks and drinks and enjoy tasty meals prepared by our wonderful kitchen staff
- Deepen your skills and knowledge through dynamic guided workshops led by expert facilitators on career, parenthood, spirituality, relationships and more
Anyone who is 21 or older and male-identifying is welcome – bring your dad, brother, uncle, old Tawonga bunkmates or partner! Bring a crew of your friends and live together in a cabin – or come solo and meet new friends! Please note this is a kid-free weekend.
$750 | Financial Assistance is available for Men’s Weekend. Learn more here.
How to Register
We anticipate this weekend will fill! Registration for Men’s Weekend is open to the public. Sign up by clicking here. Note that this is a different registration link than for other Tawonga programs. When registering for this program, you will need to select “Adult/Family Application.”
Testimonials from Adult Weekends
“Both as a kid and as an adult on staff at Camp Tawonga, I built authentic and intimate friendships with some of the best men I’ve ever met. I am excited to get back to that place where I have always felt like the best version of myself, and to have the opportunity to renew some of those old friendships and make some new ones.”
– Family Camp Participant & Men’s Weekend Registrant
A Note About COVID-19 and Tawonga’s Men’s Weekend
In order to prioritize the health and safety of our campers, staff and the entire Tawonga community, we have made some changes to our 2023 programs and Camp practices. You can read more about our health and safety protocols for the 2023 season here in our FAQs.
If you have any questions about Men’s Weekend, or have an idea about how to make our first Men’s Weekend one for the books, feel free to reach out to Liz Chenok at email@example.com or 415.543.2267.