Today’s blog post takes you behind the scenes of Tawonga’s three-week long Quest H2O. Enjoy highlights and photos below!
Maya, Teagan Ahlers, and Yotam Barel
11 Questers entering 9th and 10th grades
- Camping in Yosemite National Park
- Backpacking at Chilnualna Falls
- Boating & tubing in New Melones Lake
- Lake Alpine day
- Stand up paddleboarding on Lake Tahoe
- Camping in Calaveras Big Trees State Park
- Whitewater river rafting on the American River
- Sea Kayaking in Tomales Bay
- Hours long cornhole tournament organized by Questers at the whitewater rafting campground
- Taking turns tubing on the lake and swimming in the refreshing water
- The group really clicked while backpacking. The hike was steep and challenging, and they supported each other through it. They helped each other ride safely down a natural waterslide and took turns spotting each other over rough rocks.
- “I love Quest. I love EVERYTHING about Quest.” – Quester
Quest Leader Inspiration
Quest leader Teagan reflects on their experience:
“I learned a lot from all the questers and am so grateful to get to grow with them! I think all the kids learned to live with and work with their peers in ways they never would normally, and by the end we created a really sweet community that everyone played a part in.”
P.S. Check out this blog post from earlier this summer about our one-week A Taste of Quest program for 6th-7th graders!