Join Keshet: August 24 – 27, 2017
Founded at Camp Tawonga in 1997 by former Director Deborah Newbrun, Keshet LGBTQ Family Camp was the first of its kind in the Jewish camping world. Since then, the program has grown and evolved into an important family tradition, memorable experience and beautiful community. Join us in 2017 as we celebrate Keshet’s 20th anniversary!
“Keshet” means rainbow in Hebrew, and this innovative program draws a true rainbow of participants from all over the country. Participants enjoy this unique weekend that features all the fun and excitement of summer camp squeezed into four memorable days on Tawonga’s beautiful property alongside the Tuolumne River, nestled in the mountains near Yosemite National Park. This is a weekend you don’t want to miss!
Take a Peek at This Special Weekend
- Childcare for kids of all ages, from babies through teens!
- Adult programmatic offerings ranging from yoga to river hiking to specialized workshops led by renowned educators from across the country
- Family programmatic offerings ranging from Art ‘n’ Crafts to swimming to boating on the lake to climbing the challenge course, and much much more
- Festive, welcoming Shabbat celebration
- Delicious family-style meals
- Free-flowing Peet’s coffee
- Campfire family talent show with s’mores
- Rockin’ adult dance
- Massage therapist on staff for the ultimate relaxation
Stories and Press
I love that my children get to be here because they are able to see so many other families just like us.
Make Keshet a Part of Your Family’s Summer!
Financial assistance is available, as well as special grants for single-parent families. Learn more about making camp affordable for your family, including interest free payment plans, generous campership grants, and various discounts. Email [email protected] to learn more.