Join Keshet LGBTQ Family Camp!
August 22 – 25, 2019
Keshet LGBTQ Family Camp was founded at Camp Tawonga by Deborah Newbrun, Tawonga’s Senior Jewish Educator and former Camp Director in 1998. It was the first of its kind in the Jewish camping world. Since then, the program has grown and evolved into an important family tradition, memorable experience and beautiful community. In 2018 Keshet celebrated a momentous and memorable 20th anniversary weekend. Join us in 2019 for a beautiful experience for you and your family! Adults without children welcome too!
“Keshet” means rainbow in Hebrew, and this innovative program draws a true rainbow of participants from all over the country. Participants enjoy this unique weekend that features all the fun and excitement of summer camp squeezed into four memorable days on Tawonga’s beautiful property alongside the Tuolumne River, nestled in the mountains near Yosemite National Park. This is a weekend you don’t want to miss!
Take a Peek at This Special Weekend
- Childcare for kids of all ages, from babies through teens!
- Adult programmatic offerings ranging from yoga to river hiking to specialized workshops led by renowned educators from across the country
- Family programmatic offerings ranging from Art ‘n’ Crafts to swimming to boating on the lake to climbing the challenge course, and much much more
- Festive, welcoming Shabbat celebration
- Delicious family-style meals
- Free-flowing Peet’s coffee
- Campfire family talent show with s’mores
- Rockin’ adult dance
- Massage therapist on staff for the ultimate relaxation
Stories and Press
Keshet is famous! Read the below headlines from Keshet across the years especially the special stories from the 20th anniversary.
Keshet celebrates 20th year of camp for LGBTQ families The Jewish News of Northern California
Celebrating Two Decades of Diversity E Jewish Philanthropy
- Making Keshet History E Jewish Philanthropy Also check out our 2015 and 2018 Keshet blog posts.
I love that my children get to be here because they are able to see so many other families just like us.