Today’s weather: High of 91, low of 64
Today’s kitchen menu:
- Breakfast: Breakfast burritos with scrambled eggs, black beans, salsa, and cheese, plus cataloupe
- Lunch: Tofu scramble with veggies
- Dinner: Shabbat feast! Chili lime chicken, polenta, yellow squash, zucchini, and home-made challah
Vegetarian alternatives are provided for camp meals, in addition to cereal and oatmeal or grits for breakfast, and sun butter & jelly sandwiches during lunch and dinner, plus a salad bar option.
Where the campers are:
- Backpacking trips: All Eilat bunks and Carmel boys returning
- Challenge Course: B-7 and B-8
Happy birthday to camper Hudson M. and to staff member Kaitlyn M.!
Camp Tawonga birthdays are pretty special. These lucky campers and staff are hoisted in chairs (safely!) in front of the entire dining hall with one lift for each year, presented with birthday ice cream bowls to share with their bunk and friends, and asked to think of two wishes as they blow out their candles: “One for yourself, and one for the whooole world.”
Tawonga Tidbit brings you a daily dose of Tawonga with our kitchen menu, camp birthdays, and more. Previously named the Daily Bubble, we hope this series brings you a tidbit closer to camp.