Today’s weather: High of 90, low of 64
It can get hot up in the Sierras, but we make sure Tawonga campers stay hydrated throughout the day and apply sunblock like crazy!
Today’s kitchen menu:
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, whole wheat “biscones” (biscuit + scone!), and orange slices
- Lunch: Pizza! Baker’s dough, mozzerella cheese, tomato sauce, garlic, onion, basil olives, spinach and mushroom, plus carrots and celery
- Dinner: Sheperd’s Pie with ground been, potatoes, carrots, peas, and corn, plus roasted broccoli
Vegetarian alternatives are provided for camp meals, in addition to cereal and oatmeal or grits for breakfast, and sun butter & jelly sandwiches during lunch and dinner, plus a salad bar option.
Where the campers are:
- Backpacking trips: Eilat girls and boys bunks, and Carmel boys bunks
- Challenge Course: G-1 and G-2
No birthdays today…but we have two tomorrow!
Tawonga Tidbit brings you a daily dose of Tawonga with our kitchen menu, camp birthdays, and more. Previously named the Daily Bubble, we hope this series brings you a tidbit closer to camp.