Notes from the Road: Women of the Wild Quest
Today’s blog post takes you behind the scenes of Tawonga’s recent Women of the Wild Quest.
Session B families and fans: You can find your campers below in the Session B photo gallery. Enjoy!
Last week, the Women of the Wild trip returned from their travels across California.
Enjoy highlights and photos below!
Anna Guterman and Gaia Bostick
12 Questers entering 7th and 8th grade
- Day hike in Point Reyes
- Touring the caverns at Lake Shasta
- Three-day backpacking trip in Trinity Alps Wilderness
- Farm day with veggie picking and T-shirt screen printing
- Two-day overnight rafting trip
- Group song session on Shabbat while backpacking
- Solo meditation watching the sunset over Landers’ Lake. One quester said, “This is the most beautiful place I’ve ever been!”
- Floating down the river in our lifejackets during rafting
- Cooking dinner as a group in nature
Quest Leader Inspiration
Quest leaders Anna and Gaia reflect on their shared experience:
“We loved connecting with the campers and getting to witness their inner growth as they faced challenges along the way.”
“Seeing campers adapt to and start to appreciate the outdoors and getting dirty was incredible.”
A Glimpse into Quest!
Enjoy photos of the Women of the Wild Quest. Special thanks to quester Nina S. for sharing some shots too!
Photos from today
Enjoy photos of A-G4, B-4, B-10 and other shots from today.