Tawonga’s Response to COVID-19
For weeks, each of us has witnessed the impact of COVID-19 and it breaks our hearts to cancel our 2020 summer season. Our entire team shares in our community’s sadness. We made our decision based on science and public health guidelines. The known and unknown risks of transmission conflict with Tawonga’s fundamental commitment to the health and safety of our families.
We are working hard to design different ways to bring our community together this summer and remain hopeful that our late summer and fall Family Camp Weekends will run as scheduled with every necessary safety protocol in place.
Above all else, we want to assure you that the strength of Tawonga will see us through this turbulence and keep us close.
If any community knows how to stay connected, it’s Tawonga. So many of you are joining our virtual programs. Together, we are finding meaningful ways to blur the physical distance that separates us. Please see below to learn more about Virtual Tawonga.
Friday Night Song Session with Isaac Zones
Virtual Town Hall - May 7 Recording
In case you missed it, click here to listen to the Q&A about the summer ahead, our decision-making process, alternative programming possibilities and our scheduled 2020 Family Camp Weekends.
Tawonga Torah Service - Recording
In case you missed it, watch the Tawonga Torah Service recorded May 2.
Jewish Camp at Home
Tawonga Zoom Backgrounds
- Attending a lot of Zoom meetings lately? Click HERE to view and download iconic images of Camp to use as your Zoom background.
Cancellations / Program Updates
- 2020 Summer Sessions, Adventure Quests and Teen Programs Canceled
- May: New Family Orientations Canceled, Quest Orientation Canceled
Please check back for further updates regarding Family Camps and alternative summer programming.
Camper & Family Resources
- Tips on how to help your child cope with the loss of summer camp
- Helping Our Kids Manage Summer Disappointments by Tina Payne Bryson, PhD
- Write a message on our Tawonga Kudoboard. You can share a photo, a favorite memory, gratitude or wish for the future.
- For our returning campers, we encourage you to set up a virtual bunk reunion. Bunk rosters have been sent to 2019 families.
- Talking with Children about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (CDC)
- Resources for Quarantined Families (PJ Library)
- Tawonga at Home Schedule (feel free to edit, print and decorate!)