Today’s weather: High of 93, low of 69
Thankfully, on hot days like today, there’s the pool and the incredible Tuolumne River to enjoy!
Today’s kitchen menu:
- Breakfast: Pancakes and bananas
- Lunch: Vegan Chili with beans, onions, Bell peppers, tomatoes, and cheese, plus cornbread
- Dinner: Stir-fry with slicked chicken, carrots, zucchini, squash, onion, and rice noodles, plus cabbage salad
Vegetarian alternatives are provided for camp meals, in addition to cereal and oatmeal or grits for breakfast, and sun butter & jelly sandwiches during lunch and dinner, plus a salad bar option.
Where the campers are:
- Backpacking trips: Haifa bunks!
- G-7: Ostrander Lake
- G-8: Rancheria Falls
- B-7 : Ten Lakes
- B-8A: Illilouette Falls
- B-8B: Yosemite Creek
- Challenge Course: G-9, G-10A, and G-10B
Happy birthday to camper Ari C. and to staff member Jacob S.!
Camp Tawonga birthdays are pretty special. These lucky campers and staff are hoisted in chairs (safely!) in front of the entire dining hall with one lift for each year, presented with birthday ice cream bowls to share with their bunk and friends, and asked to think of two wishes as they blow out their candles: “One for yourself, and one for the whooole world.”
Tawonga Tidbit brings you a daily dose of Tawonga with our kitchen menu, camp birthdays, and more. Previously named the Daily Bubble, we hope this series brings you a tidbit closer to camp.