Today’s weather: High of 97, low of 75
We’re staying hydrated up at camp, bringing our water bottles everywhere we go.
Today’s kitchen menu:
- Breakfast: Homemade pumpkin bread, orange slices.
- Lunch: Hawaiian chicken wraps with a cabbage salad containing broccoli and pineapple shreds
- Dinner: Camp favorite Mac & Cheese with side of roasted broccoli, roasted carrots, dinner rolls, and chocolate chip cookies for dessert!
Vegetarian alternatives are provided for camp meals, in addition to cereal and oatmeal or grits for breakfast, and sun butter & jelly sandwiches during lunch and dinner, plus a salad bar option.
Where the campers are:
- Backpacking trips:
- Eilat bunks: B-5 Cascade Creek, B-6 Raisin Lake, G-5 Yosemite Creek, G-6A Bridalveil Creek, G-6B Carlon Creek & Ladybug Cove
- G-1 and G-2 returning from backpacking today
- Challenge Course: B-3 & B-4 In case you missed it, check out this post all about this team-building program at Tawonga.
We’ve got twins celebrating their birthday today! A doubly happy birthday to campers Adi S. and Zayde S. !
Camp Tawonga birthdays are pretty special. These lucky campers and staff are hoisted in chairs (safely!) in front of the entire dining hall with one lift for each year, presented with birthday ice cream bowls to share with their bunk and friends, and asked to think of two wishes as they blow out their candles: “One for yourself, and one for the whooole world.”
Tawonga Tidbit brings you a daily dose of Tawonga with our kitchen menu, camp birthdays, and more. Previously named the Daily Bubble, we hope this series brings you a tidbit closer to camp.