Executive Assistant and Operations Coordinator
Job Title: Executive Assistant and Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Salary Range: $65,000-$70,000
Location: San Francisco/Groveland
Tawonga’s mission is to provide educational and recreational programs for children, adults and families that foster self-esteem, lifelong friendships and community, connections with nature, commitment to justice, and positive Jewish identity and spirituality. We run programs at our residential campsite next to Yosemite National Park and in the Bay Area, serving over 5,000 people a year.
About Camp Tawonga’s Culture
At Camp Tawonga, we are a caring, collaborative, joyous group of professionals who take great pride in fulfilling our mission and having fun while doing it. We have deep respect for our community, the children and the families who participate in our programs; for nature and the physical world; and for the Jewish value of “tikkun olam” – repairing the world. Our team has taken many different paths to arrive at Tawonga, from growing up as campers at Camp to being brand new to working at a summer camp or even a nonprofit. We are a Jewish organization, and we welcome and are inclusive of all staff and community members, Jewish and non-Jewish alike. We are committed to JEDI (justice, equity, diversity and inclusion) and the ongoing reflection, learning and action required to be aligned with these values and create and sustain a race equity culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Camp Tawonga is an Equal Opportunity Employer, values diversity and is committed to being an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills, and to hiring people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals and women. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and organizational need.
Job Purpose and Description
The Executive Assistant and Operations Coordinator ensures the smooth day-to-day operations of Camp Tawonga by supporting the CEO and other key leadership positions, providing excellent customer service to families, managing the San Francisco office, and serving as a liaison to the board of directors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Support Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Operations Officer (COO)
- Provide high level operational and administrative support to CEO and COO as needed
- Serve as key liaison between CEO/COO and key internal and external partners, clients, institutions and other stakeholders, providing excellent communication and customer service.
- Responsible for meticulous calendar management, including planning meetings, coordinating recurring check-ins and communicating with multiple parties to schedule events.
- Complete invoicing, expense reports, reimbursements and travel arrangements for individuals and groups.
- Assist in the management of organizational budgets.
- Manage Tawonga’s and CEO’s social media platforms with Communication Director (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- In collaboration with the Development Director, support the CEO’s cultivation and stewardship of donors including but not limited to drafting regular correspondence and emails and planning events and meetings.
- Conduct, analyze, and synthesize research (for example comparing potential vendors, venues, or products); present findings to CEO/COO and generate recommendations as appropriate
- Serve as primary liaison with insurance broker and provide requested information, as necessary, to ensure compliance
Serve as Liaison to Board of Directors
- Oversee board and committee calendars, plan and execute meeting and retreat logistics, manage board communications
- Record minutes during meetings and distribute them to board members post-meeting.
- Event plan retreats (2x/year), dinners and support fundraising events.
- Manage firstname.lastname@example.org and phone line, providing excellent customer service
HR and Operations Support
- Serve as lead office manager in SF
- Maintain general office functions and space, including organization, liasing with external vendors and building management, technology system oversight, office supply inventory and ordering
- Oversee and run staff meetings
- Serve on a team to support staff morale, including event planning (birthday’s, baby showers, etc)
- Support technology both in the Bay Area office and the at Camp office; serve as primary IT troubleshooter and interface with external IT vendor
- Serve as a member of the Admin Team
- Support agency’s technology in the Groveland office, including upgrades, management and planning for the summer.
- Support family camp logistics
- Support Ruach Ride (summer camp bus pick-up and drop-off).
- Support large-volume mailings and packet compilations and filing
- Software oversight including Google admin and Zoom phones, among others
- Assist with additional general office tasks as needed.
- Research and participate in relevant, ongoing, continuous professional development as it pertains to the role and/or business needs (e.g., training materials, coursework, webinars, etc.)
Training, Experience, Skills, and Qualities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Ability to troubleshoot basic tech issues and train other staff on low-level IT skills/systems
- Comfortable learning new technical/computer skills as they arise
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to see projects through to completion within set deadlines; proven track record of excellent follow-through and accountability
- Ability to prioritize tasks and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint; Google Suite including Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms
- Ability to create social media posts
- Commitment to equity, inclusion and social justice and interest in continued learning, reflection and professional development in this area as our organization deepens our commitment to this work.
- Enthusiasm for Tawonga’s mission
- Self starter and ability to work independently
- Flexible and able to meet changing work needs and demands
- At least two years of experience working in an office environment
- At least one year of prior administrative experience as Executive Assistant and/or Office Manager
- Positive, can-do attitude – solution oriented
- Experience with Canva, Photoshop and Lightroom
This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer
This position will heavily use the following types of software:
- Microsoft Office/Google Suite
- Gmail and Google Calendar
- CampMinder (camper/family database)
- Divvy (credit card)
- Expensify (expense tracking system)
- Zoom and Zoom Phones
The physical demands listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made that enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Typing, writing, reading, hearing, and speaking
- Use of hands and fingers to operate office equipment, especially a computer
- Standing, walking, kneeling, and frequent sitting with some lifting up to 30 pounds
- This role is a flexible/hybrid position. Camp Tawonga will provide a company laptop, mouse, keyboard, and reasonable accommodations as needed to ensure the employee can work from home.
- Tawonga’s year round team currently works mostly remotely with a few days in the SF office per month and frequent trips to our Groveland site
Noise level is moderate
Willingness to work on evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
Normal Working Hours
- During the off-season, hours are flexible while completing tasks associated with job description, and while meeting deadlines; normal office hours are 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- During the summer, share coverage for parent communication after hours with other San Francisco-based staff according to a pre-assigned rotation.
- When at Camp for programs, the camp programmatic day runs from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m., and sometimes longer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice based on the needs of Camp Tawonga.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt, year-round, and benefited position. The pay range for this position is $65,000 to $70,000. Camp Tawonga offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical, dental, life insurance, retirement with company match and contribution, and paid sick and vacation leave.
To ensure consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter explaining your qualifications for and interest in the position. Send applications to email@example.com with, “Executive Assistant and Operations Coordinator”, in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, and Tawonga is seeking to hire for this position as soon as possible.