San Francisco Office Assistant
Job Title: San Francisco Office Assistant
Department: Registration and Family Outreach
Reports to: Registrar and Financial Aid Manager
Location: San Francisco & Remote
Tawonga’s mission is to provide educational and recreational programs for children, adults and families that help them develop as healthy and participating members of the Jewish and secular communities, locally, nationally and internationally. The agency does this by integrating the themes of personal growth and the development of positive self-esteem, creating cooperative communities, our partnership with the natural world and positive Jewish identification and spirituality. We run programs at our residential campsite next to Yosemite National Park and in the Bay Area, serving 5,000 people a year.
Tawonga is seeking to hire an organized, motivated and detail-oriented multi-tasker to join our administrative team in a temporary role this summer starting in April or early May, 2021. This individual will provide high-level administrative support to the Registrar and Assistant Director of Community Engagement and support the general administration of our San Francisco office during the summer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Registrar and Assistant Director of Community Engagement
- Provide administrative support to the SF office leadership.
- Data Collection and Oversight
- Create and update systems to track family COVID-19 related tasks (ie: Town Halls, testing, health screenings, etc.)
- Support tracking of the systems and family follow up as needed.
- Edit internal and external communications.
- Format external family emails in CampMinder and Constant Contact.
- Social media support as needed.
- Serve as Liaison to Families
- Respond to emails in a timely manner.
- Call families as needed.
- Organize data and information related to inquiries, questions and follow up.
- Office Logistics
- Support general office functions, including clipping camper files, sorting and organizing camper lost and found and more.
- Support Ruach Ride in the Bay Area (camper returns and quest drop offs).
- Support large-volume mailings and packet compilations and filing.
- Assist with additional general office tasks as needed.
- Conduct research as needed.
- Education, Qualifications and Requirements
- At least one year of administrative work experience required.
- Knowledge of Tawonga.
- Enthusiasm for Tawonga’s mission
- Proven track record of excellent follow-through and accountability
- Outstanding organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently
- Self starter
- Flexible and able to meet changing work needs and demands
- Positive, can-do attitude
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint; Google Suite including Gmail, Drive,
- Docs, Sheets, Forms; Photoshop knowledge a plus
- Excellent web and technology skills and comfortable troubleshooting tech issues
- Comfortable learning new technical/computer skills as they arise
- Strong writing, proofreading and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent time management skills
- A minimum one year of administrative experience
The physical demands listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Typing, writing, reading, hearing and speaking
- Use of hands and fingers to operate office equipment
- Frequent sitting
- Standing, walking, kneeling
- Some lifting and carrying up to 30lbs
- Noise level is moderately quiet
- Schedule is flexible.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends when needed.
- Work will be a combination of work in the San Francisco office and remote.
- 32-40 hours a week
- This is a non-exempt benefited hourly position
- Salary $20/hour
To ensure consideration, please submit a resume to email@example.com with “San Francisco Office Assistant” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, and Tawonga is seeking to fill this temp position starting in April or early May, 2021.