A one-year immersive Camp-style professional development teen training program in the Bay.
Teens complete internship as certified youth-serving Jewish community staff members and leaders!
Fall 2018 through Summer 2019
9th-12th graders (in Fall 2018)
No prior Tawonga experience required
Free! No cost to join trainings, classes and most outings. Only fee incurred is to attend the Teen Winter Retreat
How to Apply
We will begin accepting applications in August of 2018. Look out for an email, or reach Sam Quintana, Program Manager, at [email protected]
Tawonga’s first internship program, launching in fall 2018, is open to all 10th through 12th graders interested in building their resume in the field youth service. Through 12 months of hands-on, skill-building trainings and classes focused on the uniquely resonant Tawonga way of working with youth, as well as social-justice volunteer outings and social gatherings, teens will come away inspired and empowered to be change-makers in their Jewish communities.
Upon completion of the program, all participants will be awarded with a Tawonga Certificate of Youth Training Excellence, granting them paid work status for Tawonga programs as well as for other Jewish agencies.
- Two hands-on youth serving trainings that will begin with Jewish text study as a lens through which to learn
- Skill-building classes that serve as an extension of Camp’s counselor-in-training program covering the methods of working with kids in the Tawonga way (to be co-led by Tawonga’s 2018 CIT Leadership Council).
- Social justice volunteer outings with local NGOs (eligible for community service hours)
- Classic Tawonga bonding fun through Shabbat potlucks, day hikes, dances and Tawonga’s Teen Winter Retreat
- Youth Training Excellence Certificate upon program completion, a pre-requisite for teens to earn wages staffing Tawonga programs, including: as TAs in Tawonga’s Bar & Bat Mitzvah Program, Family Camp counselors and Tawonga Down the Mountain event staff (as well as madrichim at local JCCs.
Feel free to reach Tawonga’s San Francisco office if you have questions about the Tawonga Teen Interns program or how to apply: 415.543.2267/[email protected].