Bar and Bat Mitzvah Program Details
This two-year program will begin for students entering 6th grade* and will culminate in a unique and personalized B’nai Mitzvah service. The experience will consist of thought-provoking discussions about topics relating to teens, engaging activities and outdoor adventures led by trained and experienced Tawonga staff and song leaders. Families will also have the chance to participate in community events and learning opportunities.
*This program is geared towards 6th graders, so that by the time participants have completed this two-year program, the majority of them have turned 13. Please call our Program Manager at (415) 543-2267 if you have any questions about the grade guidelines.
Cost of $3,145 per Year Includes:
- Experiential learning through outdoor education, social justice, and leadership
- Two overnight weekend retreats exploring Judaism in nature
- Community building for youth and families
- Exploration of spirituality, Jewish values, prayers, and Torah
- Family programming and learning
- Mitzvah Project: community engagement or volunteering in an area of choice
- D’rash (sermon) preparation and mentorship
- Continued prayer and Torah study and coaching
- Creation of ideal B’nai Mitzvah service or ceremony
- More learning, community building, and outdoor excursions
*Specifics subject to change
Click here to view the cancellation policy.
Click here for our 1 page overview of the program!
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions about Tawonga’s Bar & Bat Mitzvah Program.
Click here to download our Tawonga Bar & Bat Mitzvah Family Guidebook.
Dates for 2018-19
Dates for Year 1 of the 2018-19 program (cohort 3) can be found here.
Dates for Year 2 of the 2018 -19 program (cohort 2) can be found here.
All Dates for 2019 – 20 can be found here
Questions? We are here to help!
For additional questions about the program, please contact Meg Adler, Program Manager, at [email protected] or 415.543.2267.