Bar and Bat Mitzvah Program Details
This two-year program will begin for students entering 6th grade* and will culminate in a unique and personalized B’nai Mitzvah service. The experience will consist of thought-provoking discussions about topics relating to teens, engaging activities and outdoor adventures led by trained and experienced Tawonga staff and song leaders. Families will also have the chance to participate in community events and learning opportunities.
*This program is geared towards 6th graders, so that by the time participants have completed this two-year program, the majority of them have turned 13. Please call our Program Coordinator at (415) 543-2267 if you have any questions about the grade guidelines. Specific dates of program events, classes and activities will be set closer to Fall 2018.
Cost of $2,895 per Year Includes:
- Experiential learning through outdoor education, social justice, and leadership
- Overnight weekend retreats and hikes
- Community building for youth and families
- Exploration of spirituality, Jewish values, prayers, and torah
- Family programming and learning
- Mitzvah Project: community engagement or volunteering in an area of choice
- D’rash (sermon) preparation and mentorship
- Continued prayer and Torah study and coaching
- Creation of ideal B’nai Mitzvah service
- More learning, community building, and outdoor excursions
*Specifics subject to change
Click here to view the cancellation policy.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions about Tawonga’s Bar & Bat Mitzvah Program.
Click to download our Tawonga Bar & Bat Mitzvah Guidebook.
Here’s a one page overview outlining Tawonga’s Bar & Bat Mitzvah Program. Feel free to forward to a friend who might be interested in the program!
For additional questions about the program, please contact Anna Akullian, Program Coordinator, at [email protected] or 415.543.2267.